New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide. The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 alumni comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
The Assistant Dean for Planning and Operations is a participant in the planning and operations for New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine, Jonesboro, AR and reports to the campus dean.
The Assistant Dean for Planning and Operations supports the Dean of the College in accomplishing its health-related goals through the planning and allocation of financial resources and information services to enhance University decision-making, planning and policy formation. The office manages and provides critical support and oversight to the overall budget in collaboration with the Dean. The position will be responsible for overseeing overall budget plans for new initiatives, including facilities, operating, technology and capital. This position will work closely with the Dean of the college on budget related duties. The position will also work closely with ASU as project manager with architectural firms on space design, new building structures and renovations.This position reports directly to the Dean of the campus and is a member of the senior leadership team. The Assistant Dean for Planning and Operations is charged with much of the day to day operations of the college including facility oversight, budget management and Human Resources.
- Oversee all daily operations of the college pertaining to budget, facility and human resources.
- Collect reports and coordinate between the different offices and departments within the college and NYIT sites.
- Serves as a liaison with the Central Human Resource Office in New York at the main campus. The position will maintain overall on-site HR matters and services in accordance with institutional policies and central HR department procedures including but not limited to working with central HR on recruiting, training, compensation review and miscellaneous HR issues.
- On-boarding of all new hires regarding NYIT policy & procedures.
- Delegate needs and schedules for on and off site facilities and work orders.
- Manage the finance department of the college, including budgeting & forecasting, financial reporting and acquisitions.
- Oversee faculty/staff ordering procedures.
- Implement budgetary controls and oversee expenditures.
- Review all travel and reimbursement expense reports for the college to ensure compliance.
- Assist senior leadership with strategic plans for the college.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting or other equivalent degree preferred.
- Extensive experience (8-10 years) in budgeting and financial management preferably in higher education.
- Proven track record of working with senior leaders to establish financial strategies for the future.
- Experience (5-7 years) in human resource leadership.
- At least five years’ experience in a leadership position and supervisory experience in higher education preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Self-starter and must be able to work independently and collaboratively.
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity