Committed to educating the next generation of leaders and to inspiring innovation and advancing entrepreneurship, NYIT enrolls approximately 10,000 students on campuses in North America, China and the Middle East. As a forward-thinking institution NYIT has pioneered educational practices to serve student needs since 1955. NYIT offers 90 undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in 50 fields of study and is home to students from more than 100 countries and from 50 states. Its seven schools and colleges include: School of Architecture and Design; College of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences; School of Health Professions; School of Management; College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the newly formed School of Interdisciplinary Studies and Education.
Job Description/ Responsibilities
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
1. Engagement in teaching, scholarship, and service activities
2. Teaching, assessment and advisement of PA students in the didactic and clinical phases of the curriculum
3. Assisting the Chair in administrative duties to include, but not limited to, clinical education, admissions and didactic processes and procedures.
4. Participate in the program’s ongoing self-study and accreditation process
5. Active involvement in faculty and professional development
6. The Chair may assign additional responsibilities.
Salary and benefits are competitive and include full tuition remission for spouses and eligible dependents. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience and qualifications. New York Institute of Technology and the Department of Physician Assistant Studies, strongly seeks and encourages applications from individuals who represent a broad spectrum of backgrounds and diversity.
Applications: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three references (these references will not be used until the candidate reaches the final stages of the search). The cover letter should address the applicant's qualifications for the position and his/her philosophy for achieving specific goals regarding student mentorship, & teaching. After the initial screening, candidates may be subsequently asked to supply additional materials.
The Department of Physician Assistant Studies, in the School of Health Professions at the New York Institute of Technology in Old Westbury, New York, seeks applications for a full-time, faculty position (non-tenure earning clinical track). This will involve 12-months of teaching, assessment and advisement of physician assistant students in the didactic and clinical phases of the curriculum, participation in the admissions process, clinical year, as well as program evaluation and planning. All faculty participate in the continuous review and analysis of the program.
Qualifications - Required:
The successful applicant will have:
1. Master’s degree required. Earned Doctorate preferred.
2. For PA’s: Current NCCPA certification and current NY license or eligible for NY license. The PA must maintain a clinical license to practice in New York State.
3. For Physicians: Current licensure as an allopathic or osteopathic physician in New York and certified by an ABMS- or AOA-approved specialty board; the physician must maintain a clinical license to practice in New York State. Experience working with PA’s is required.
4. Two years of faculty experience preferably in a PA program or medical school, either as an adjunct or fulltime faculty
5. Demonstrated excellence of a minimum of 3 years in clinical practice
6. Demonstrated leadership and management skills
7. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
8. Demonstrated organizational, analysis, planning and problem-solving skills
9. Knowledge of physician assistant practice laws and an understanding of primary care medicine
10. Ability to interface with students, faculty, preceptors, staff and community members
11. Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and other related applications
12. Knowledge of and a strong interest in the use of technology to enhance student learning
13. Experience in any of the following disciplines - mental health/psychiatry, pediatrics, rheumatology, physiology/pathophysiology or cardiology, would be a plus.
14. Experience and or interest in interprofessional education, global health and the development of international rotations would be a plus.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Questions about the position can be directed to Dr. Zehra Ahmed at email@example.com or 516.686.3871.
The NYIT Physician Assistant Program Mission Statement:
The mission of the physician assistant program at the New York Institute of Technology is based on the fundamental principles of NYIT and the Physician Assistant Profession, and the belief that access for all persons to quality health care is a right. The mission includes educating physician assistant students to provide high quality healthcare services to all segments of the population throughout the country, become culturally sensitive and caring, and integrate academic knowledge with practice.
The NYIT Physician Assistant Program
seeks and encourages diversity in the recruitment of minorities within its faculty, staff, and student body
provides an interdisciplinary educational experience which includes the holistic approach to patients
enhances the students' educational experience through the integration of the technological resources of New York Institute of Technology
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability