Committed to educating the next generation of leaders and to inspiring innovation and advancing entrepreneurship, NYIT enrolls approximately 10,000 students on campuses in North America, China and the Middle East. As a forward-thinking institution NYIT has pioneered educational practices to serve student needs since 1955. NYIT offers 90 undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in 50 fields of study and is home to students from more than 100 countries and from 50 states. Its seven schools and colleges include: School of Architecture and Design; College of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences; School of Health Professions; School of Management; College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the newly formed School of Interdisciplinary Studies and Education.
The Program Coordinator will play a critical role within the office of Campus Life with responsibilities within student engagement and fiscal accountability to include review/approval of student registered events; streamlining communication between students, facilities management, Audio/visual technicians and security and oversight of on-line purchases (event supplies and travel).
• Manages the student event program registration (over 400 events are registered each year) to include frequent communication with students, advisors, vendors, facilities, and the finance office.
• Completes and manage specification sheet and work orders. Works collaboratively with campus facilities, campus security, and academic computing services.
• Serves as budget manager for student expenditures, contracts, and reimbursements. Monitors all expense and works collaboratively with SGA to ensure approval of funding.
• Reinforces fundraising guidelines and tracks money being collected by recognized student organizations.
• Manages deposited monies and prepares monthly reports to Controller office.
• Works collaboratively with Campus Life staff to update and manage room reservations, make calendar updates, and streamline digital promotions.
• Produces weekly report of approved events and works with student staff to publish upcoming events through the “student digest” email distribution.
• Supports SILD with the coordination of campus wide events (Involvement Fair, Relay for Life, Senior Roar, and student conferences).
• Facilitates student leadership development workshops on effective program planning (learning outcomes, processes, deadlines, and resources) and responsible fundraising and strategies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Works an average of 20-25 hours a week. Some additional hours expected during Relay for Life.
• Desired start date: October/November 2017 – August 31, 2018
• Bachelor degree is required.
• Ability to multi-task, work collaboratively and be organized in a fast-paced, high impact environment.
• Candidate must be willing to learn and manage Campus Lab Engage online platform, be proficient with Microsoft office, and have strong communication skills.
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate professionalism in the workspace, student-centered customer service, and be a team player.
• Experience working with diverse students on a college setting is preferred.
• Undergraduate experience related to campus activities, Greek life, residential life, student government association or leadership development is preferred.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability