Committed to educating the next generation of leaders and to inspiring innovation and advancing entrepreneurship, NYIT enrolls approximately 10,000 students on campuses in North America, China and the Middle East. As a forward-thinking institution NYIT has pioneered educational practices to serve student needs since 1955. NYIT offers 90 undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in 50 fields of study and is home to students from more than 100 countries and from 50 states. Its seven schools and colleges include: School of Architecture and Design; College of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences; School of Health Professions; School of Management; College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the newly formed School of Interdisciplinary Studies and Education.
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) seeks an Advisor, Transfer Admissions at the Manhattan campus. Reporting to the Senior Advisor of Transfer Admissions, the Advisor will assist the institution in meeting transfer enrollment goals.
• Assist the Senior Advisor in executing a strategic transfer enrollment plan through a series of recruitment activities;
• Carry out a robust recruitment schedule in designated territories; develop close relationships with community college leadership and transfer organizations in designated territories;
• Review and decision transfer applications for admissions; work closely with the transfer evaluations team to ensure credit is evaluated and posted in a timely fashion;
• Participate in on-campus information sessions, transfer enrollment days and other on-campus events including but not limited to Open House and Preview Day
• Act as liaison to designated departments or special programs and provide support when needed;
• Collaborate with members of the admissions team and other academic departments;
• Provide exceptional customer service to all constituents and perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Advisor or Senior Director of Admissions.
This position requires late night and weekend work as well as travel to recruitment events and between our New York campuses. A valid driver’s license is required.
A bachelor’s degree is required and Admissions or higher education experience is preferred. Experience or familiarity with transfer students is also a plus. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and prioritizing skills as well as superior attention to detail. Knowledge of Microsoft suite is required. Knowledge of PeopleSoft is preferred.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including tuition remission, along with a professional environment designed to enhance your career development.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability